Translate

Saturday, December 22, 2012

Old School/New School


At 24 years of age I’ve never felt more old than I have after listening to hot97’s old school at noon on the radio.

That particular day I heard all the jams from 02' to 07' I remembered from my teens. From the Dipset Anthem to Young Dro’s shoulder lean everything that was played was great. It was only one hour but I felt like it should have been much longer. I got to thinking...What will the next generation consider as their “Old School.”

That’s a scary thought being that I hardly like any artist out currently, let alone the songs in which play in rotation on the radio. It seems like the worst songs are considered the best and the best songs go unnoticed. Hmmm every generation has their star, I just wonder who will be deserving of that title and have the ability of taking Hip Hop off of life support.

1 comment:

  1. Interesting thoughts. We'll see how the music evolves (or dilutes) over time.

    ReplyDelete